Why buy business-grade computers?
There are several reasons why someone might want to buy a business-grade laptop or desktop, even if they are not a business professional. Here are some of the main reasons:
- Durability: Business-grade computers are made for extended, long-term use and mobile workforces. Starting from the outside, business computers are constructed with high-strength, precision-formed aluminum rather than metallic-painted plastic. This offers a deeply anodized finish that is scratch, smudge, and wear resistant. Business computers have spill-resistant keyboards. They also are made with Corning Gorilla Glass screens, which make them impervious to most impacts and scratches.
- Variety: In the past, business computers tended to be boxier and more for just function. Today’s business-class computers have brilliant beveled-edge screens and sleek, smooth designs that catch the eye. They also come in a variety of sizes and colors to meet your needs. They come in compact, lightweight options ranging from 2.2 pounds to just under 7 pounds for the larger model. The business computer has more BTO (build-to-order) options, so you can customize it to your specific needs.
- Fewer preloaded programs: Knowing that your business requires specific software installed, most preloaded software focuses on the security of the computer as well as access to advanced features and functions. Business-grade computers have professional versions of the operating system, and most will allow you to downgrade to a previous version if needed for your business.
- Longevity: The business class of computers are designed to protect against accidents. They have spill, drop, and dust resistance built into their design. The cooling systems are more robust and less likely to overheat. Battery life is built in for the workday/ week, allowing you to do business from wherever you are. Higher-quality and more powerful processors and parts will ensure performance even with the most taxing of tasks. This hardware allows you to be relevant and able to grow into new software and solutions over time without worrying about becoming obsolete and requiring new. Most are built to be easily repaired or items replaced. Knowing that because just a battery went out, you can replace it with a new one versus buying a whole new computer makes fiscal sense. With a 3-year warranty out of the box, it gives you peace of mind.
- Compatibility: These computers are built with business in mind and, as such, are designed to be used in a variety of office settings, ranging from multiple monitors to docking solutions and more. They are also built with more adaptable drivers so that they can be used in different scenarios. They also come in a variety of options where the screen is touch-capable, or the computer folds flat and can be interacted with like a tablet.
- Security: This is where business computers shine. Business computers come with built-in shutters to close your camera. They have privacy screen options so that people standing to your side or walking by can’t see clearly what is on your screen. Enhanced login features like fingerprint sensors or facial recognition Self-repairing wireless networks. TPM (trusted platform module) to encrypt your computer's data.
- More computing power: Processors are far more powerful to meet the demands of your business. With Intel i5, i7, and i9 and AMD Ryzen processors, you can be assured these computers will handle anything you throw at them. Couple this with larger and more powerful memory and fast hard drives, and you will no longer be wasting time waiting for things to complete.
Business-grade laptops or desktops can lower the TCO (total cost of ownership) and increase the performance of your business with their built-for-business design. Safe, secure, and hassle-free make them a smart choice for any business.
Overall, business-grade computers are designed with the needs of professionals in mind. They offer a higher level of durability, security, and performance, which can make them a worthwhile investment for anyone who needs reliable and powerful computers for work or personal use. Schedule a consultation today to start!